- RSS Channel Showcase 9343354
- RSS Channel Showcase 8499480
- RSS Channel Showcase 9006498
- RSS Channel Showcase 9568910
- 03/07/18--18:47: Stormy seas ahead as TfNSW loses critical Opal Card privacy case
- 05/20/18--22:20: How do you solve a problem like Facebook?
A new case challenging the design of a public transport ticketing system on privacy grounds has broad implications for any organisation which collects personal information, especially in this age of Big Data. In 2016, an unrepresented NSW resident, Nigel Waters,* launched a legal challenge to the collection of data about his physical movements by Transport...
On January 28, when many Australians were enjoying the last hurrah of summer holidays and getting the kids ready to go back to school, our northern hemisphere colleagues were celebrating International Data Privacy Day. A day to reflect on privacy challenges, and to applaud the efforts of Privacy Officers, and all who support them. One...
How do you solve a problem like Facebook? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?* By now we all know the story: Facebook allowed apps on its social media platform which enabled a shady outfit called Cambridge Analytica to scrape the profiles of 87 million users, in order to serve up targeted...